Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Measure of Happiness


... laughing out load while having your haircut.
... eating your favorite food without care for calories
... petting polie while he blissfully sleeps in my lap
... finding charsiew pork in the middle of pasar malam
... travelling close to 60kms just to eat lunch 
... seeing the world's beautiful beaches
... Reading a well written essay by one of my students
... setting up my new WIFI router and not destroying it
... playing a good game of badminton
... eating butter prawns 
... Finding clover at Mercato and Nagaraya at Sogo (pinoy food junkie!)
... tocino on a lazy sunday afternoon
... planning my next travel gimik
... having great songs on ipod
... learning to use my new camera
... taking a great picture
... watching a good movie
... having a nice chat
... getting to know someone
... talking to ella
... talking to my mom and sister
... finding a good book
... spending time with the ones who matter

And there we were, in a kind of harmony; and the evening was so beautiful, that it made a pain in my heart, as when you cannot tell whether you are happy or sad; and I thoughtthat if I could have a wish, it would be that nothing would ever change, and we could stay that way forever... -Margaret Atwood "Alias Grace" 




No comments: