Thursday, September 06, 2007

Meds and Life and the Wonders of Roti Canai

I have been taking Ladogal for almost two weeks now. The side effects are starting to come out and there are times when I am almost tempted to stop my meds. I'm back to my steroids days again (well almost). The side effects are almost the same except for the addition of the hot flushes. One thing I'm happy about is that apart from the hot flushes and the weight gain, I'm generally ok. It wasn't as bad as when I was on prednisone.

Still, I find myself a bit depressed at times especially when I feel the difference. I don't look like my old self again. I know I haven't been myself lately. Sometimes I'm too irritable or too impatient. I know that's not me but the drugs working. I just wish I could be back to my old self soon.

It's a classic reaction for someone whose been through chronic illness all her life. The element of control is gone again and I just wonder, when will it return once more?

For now I take my daily dose of joys in the little things like eating roti canai after a long journey through traffic. It sure does perk the day up especially when the short stopover turns into one breakfast gathering with some dear friends.

And I know people may think I'm slightly crazy for actually spending money for a plane trip just to celebrate a birthday. But through all these health issues and adventures, I realized that life is too short to not spend moments that matter with the people you love. Money can be earned. But missed opportunities cannot be brought back.

I'm not sure if I'm making much sense but what the heck this is my blog and I'll write whatever I want to. hahahaha...

1 comment:

Ina said...

are you okay mare? ingat ka ha... don't worry babalik din lahat sa dati... see you on the 23rd ha... relax lang... mwah! mwah! mwah!