Monday, November 27, 2006

The Final Day

If you had 24 hours left what would you do?

I'm facing that question right now. This is my last day in Manila. I'm leaving tomorrow for the grandest adventure of all. Im moving to Kuala Lumpur. Everyone tells me that it's the best thing in life. I know it is. But part of me is also scared shit that it might not be.

I'm leaving everything that I find comfort in tomorrow. I'm leaving my family, friends, my car, my cat, my security, and my badminton. Basically my life is ending tomorrow and Im starting a totally new one. If that isn't scary enough, I'm going to a place where I hardly know anyone and where I don't even understand what most of the people are talking about.

But I don't want to think about that now. I've got 24 hours (or so..my flight is at 5pm) left and I mean to enjoy every freaking minute of it.

The past four months have been one hell of a roller coaster ride. I lived. And that's what made it all worthwhile. I'll miss everyone and I know I can't wait to come home for xmas.

Three weeks. I just need to survive that for now. 21 days.

No comments: