Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Chocolate Memories

"Life is a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."

Forrest Gump once said this words to a stranger sitting beside him. When you think about it, its really true-- life is indeed full of surprises like that of opening a chocolate box. And even though the chocolate you have in front of you is actually one flavor, each bite is a surprise.

Staring at a worn toblerone box last night, I remembered the happiest day of my vacation. At the same I remembered that that day was also the saddest because it was the day of goodbye.

Life is like that in a way- full of ironies and twists of faith. Hello's and goodbyes always go hand in hand and Happiness and sadness will always be partners. And like eating chocolate, it gives you a high that leaves you feeling low once the sugar crashes your system.

But you'll always most definitely will remember the happy moments.

I hang on to those happy memories these days.
I hang on to them for dear life
Until the day I can relive them again
Until that day,
I'll look at my toblerone bars and smile.
And remember...

No comments: