Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ang Pagbisita ni Maria sa KL

My mom is here is for a visit. It's just a short one. In fact mamayang gabi uuwi na siya. Ayos kasi gumawa ng flight booking eh.

Start pa lang blooper na dahil ang sinabi niya eh dadating daw siya via Tiger Air. Pagdating ko ng LCCT, ayos, walang tiger air dun. Panic ng onti but thanks to my online technical support, nadiscover ko na she gave me the wrong airline (note: Tiger air doesnt fly to KL from Bangkok). 2 hours later, my mom finally appeared. She took Airasia..haha. We finally got to my condo around 1:30am.

We haven't been to a lot of places because of the time limitation. I've taken her to my university and she met my closest friends in KL. On Thursday, I took her to see Nottingham. She met my officemates there and discovered our newly revived restaurant (hahaha.. spicy food alert!). Then we went shopping for her new toys (laptop + cellphone) in low yat with Angeli and Jay. Ang gagaling ng bargaining powers nila! Mom discovered the wonders of restoran super noodle on thursday night. Then we took her to a night tour of KL via the monorail on our way back home.

Di pa din mawawala ang bloopers syempre. The laptop had a bad sector and it kept on going bluescreen. So we had to take it back (and have it replaced) yesterday. Nag amazing race malaysia ako sa taxi as my technical adviser had only an hour's lunchbreak. hehe. Buti na lang naayos din. And my mom will finally get her much anticipated toy today.

Of course di mawawala ang trip to the bookstore. Yesterday, Reg and I took her to Borders in Berjaya Times Square to shop for books. Nalula si mudra sa dami ng selection. Ang sarap daw mamili. hehehe.. That's my mom, she'll trade jewelry shopping or any shopping for that matter for her books. After the shopping trip at borders (and with the promise na meron pang susunod bukas) we made our way to Ampang Point to eat at the Korean bbq place that my friends and I discovered a couple of months ago. (sabi ni mother, halatang kung saan saan ako dinadala ng aking food trip). Late man dumating yung dalawang taga bundok ng Petronas (sige na nga matraffic naman kasi), enjoy naman kaming lahat. Pigged out in yummy pork bbq'd the Korean way and got a bit tipsy on the Soju. My mom enjoyed telling her Emily Rose story (nakatulog ka ba charles? hehe) during the moomoo discussion.

This is not my finest moment as a tour guide pero given the weather and the time constraint, madami na din kaming naaccomplish. Sana nga di pa tapos ang bakasyon ni mudra. But of course, good things must come to an end. Back to reality ika nga. Haay.. eto ang ayaw ko sa mga pagdating ng bisita-- ang panahon ng pag uwian.

Pero may oras pa naman.. mamaya pa ang flight. Mamasyal pa kami.. Enjoy the last day ika nga..

No comments: