Saturday, February 26, 2005

Two years

It has been two years since I had my fourth ITP relapse. I can't believe how fast time flew by. My relapse came after a month of never ending health crises ranging from UTI to food poisoning. I guess I should have seen it coming with the stress of the previous year and all. But nonetheless, I was never completely prepared.

Now two years later I'm ALMOST back to normal. I look normal. My platelet count has been normal for more than a year already. But I'm still under medication. I still go to the doctor every month to have my blood tested and platelets monitored. Tonight I got quite a scare when a cut would not heal. I cut my finger early this morning and until now, it continues to bleed intermitently.

Wednesday's blood test is a big test for me. It will decide my fate with my meds. A good platelet count would mean I'm on track for remission again and my meds will be lowered and eventually tapered off. Sana..

No comments: