Thursday, September 21, 2006

Happy Birthday Ves

Happy Birthday Ves! Sorry for ruining your day. Maganda ba masyado ang timing ko? Well as you said, mapagbiro ang buhay. At least walang muntik magpatayan sa birthday mo if its any consolation =)

Sometimes we make choices in life that appear to be irrational to some but they do make sense. I've been questionned a lot about my own choices and been told that I am wasting my life to my quest. I feel saddened by that. Most of my life I've always led a straight path--nothing fancy.All I did was follow and go to school and be the best student I could be.I had fun every now and then but it was still academic in nature. I lived a good life and it was fun in a way but it wasn't a happy life.

Now I am living a life of my choosing-- a life that may appear superficial to some but it's a life that I am free to just be me. How teenybopper for a 29 year old you may say. But let me tell you this-- I never really lived my teen years. Not when you're sick most of the time and you were forced to grow up by life. And now that I finally have the chance to just be the me I want, I'm sorry if I can't be the perfect little girl anymore.

Sometimes I get teased for being an addictus in badminton. But never once have I been asked what made me such a fan of the game. All people see of me at times is that i am a doctor. But never have I been really asked if that's all I want to be. And now I will finally answer that big question-- I love the game because in that seemingly stupid game, I am me. While in the game I am who I want to be. I don't have to prove to anyone who I am while playing because all I have to prove to is myself.

The saddest thing about leaving is that you have to say goodbye to the ones you love. When that day comes I know I will cry a lot. But I also know that if I were to have any chance in life at all, then goodbye is the only option I've got.

Getting between now and the final goodbye will probably be another Looooonggg journey.

No comments: