Monday, March 17, 2008

I Survived!

The hell week is over-- 37 hours of lecture in a span of 8 nonstop days of working. I survived. When my last lecture ended yesterday I felt like crying and laughing at the same time. I sat down for a few minutes and just stared at the view from my classroom at the KLTC. I actually made it. I guess it took a while for the entire reality of it all to finally sink in. It was finally over.

It wasn't my problem to bear in the first place. I could have said no. But unfortunately, I was called to service. And I guess it was just true to being the Hazel everyone know, I took on the challenge. Back in January, Angeli and I were laughing about this possibility of having the PG and UG modules clashing. But we were both confident that Reg will be here soon. Unfortunately, things didnt exactly go as planned. It was no one's fault. I guess it was fated to be that way talaga. But in the end I learned that I could do it. And hey it did make life extra exciting! haha.

After packing my bags and stuff, I went out of the building to celebrate "Freedom!" I was so happy that I couldn't care less if it was drizzling or jammed outside. I was in pure bliss. To celebrate the day of liberation, I went for an early dinner with friends at a Bakuteh stall in Jalan Imbi. We didnt get to order the pork entrails that we were craving for but what the heck. I was still happy. The food was great. We had the pork meat bakuteh, fried tofu with sweet chili sauce, veggies in garlic sauce, prawn with egg, and fried glass noodles. I didnt plan on eating much rice but it was too much to resist. So I gave in. And I deserved it. After all that strain for the last 8 days, I deserved to pig out. haha.

Going home we were all full and sleepy. We nixed the idea of dessert as we could barely walk out of the restaurant already. I think I learned a new definition of happiness in the process-- happiness is being able to laugh and relax at the end of long and tiring day.

When I got home I chatted with my sister and mom using skype. It was nice to hear their voices again. I also chatted with Wilai and Jay and other friends in passing. For the first time in 8 days I could actually chat without guilt.

It was the perfect ending to a long week.

No comments: