Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Ultimate Road Trip Part 2

Everytime I go back to Manila, I always make it a point to drop by my favorite steak house inside the Subic freeport. Ella and I discovered it a couple of years ago when we took our first north luzon food trip with Peter back in 2005. This year is no exception. I woke up early (6am!!) to meet up with Gidiyap at the Shangrila LRT station (marunong pa pala akong sumakay ng jeep. para mama!). After giving him a tour of UP Diliman and having breakfast at the stall fronting rodics (which unfortunately was closed), we waited for Classmate and Ella to arrive at my house. At around 10am we were finally off to Subic.

We took the new SCTEX (with a brief stopover at Petron or caltex ba yon?) and arrived in Subic at 1230pm just in time for lunch. Sleeping beauties kami sa likod ni Jay since mga puyat ang mga balikbayan. Si ella ang naging designated taga aliw ni driver classmate. There were a lot of people in queue for the restaurant but since we travelled close to 200kms just to eat steak, we were willing to wait. We all ordered the NY cut steak, medium well with mashed potatoes and veggies on the side. Classmate had an additional rice (carbo diet daw siya!). Yummy. Sulit pa din ang byahe. Andun din sina Billie Joe Crawford at Nikki Gil na pinagkakaguluhan ng lahat. Care naman namin kasi for us ang star ay ang steak ng meat plus!

After resting briefly and taking pictures at the new Subic Lighthouse, we were once again on the road. Di ba road trip nga to? The road trip was now heading towards QC for a session at the Ace Water Spa. Despite the traffic we were in good spirits when we reached Del Monte Ave at around 6pm. We had merienda first at Le Ching Tea House (i missed this place!!!) and laughed our way to eating dimsum and noodles. ("Waiter, mai tan!") Ella and I introduced Jay to Le Ching's famous Shark's fin dumpling. It's still the best dumpling for me. Classmate was so hungry, he literally inhaled the wanton noodle soup (walang mainit sa vocabulary ni classmate!).

Inside the spa, Ella and Adrian introduced us to the wonders of hydrotherapy. I tried different water jet massages (my favorite was the bubble chair and the bubble bed) that was truly relaxing. Sulit ang instant shopping ni guru. hahaha. We went for a short swim in the lap pool and classmate showed us his famous breast stroke (but dahil walang flippers, balyena stroke daw yun). Lastly we took a dip at the heated herbal pools. alam ko na ang pakiramdam ng manok na tinitinola. hehehe. We loved the 38 degree pool (just right). After dipping in the 40 degree pool, we all jumped into the 0 degree ice cold pool to close our pores down. Gising ka talaga bigla!

After nearly 3 hours in the spa, we were done. But the road trip was not over. We went for a midnight snack/dinner ni classmate at Dencio's in Capitol Golf. We chose the place for its location (near my house where the pit stop was ). Unfortunately they were about to close so most of the stuff we wanted to order was gone. No more crispy pata and sisig (WAAAA), no more calamares (WAAAA), at later on no more Red Horse (Ay nako magsara na kayo!!!!). Still we managed to eat lechon kawali, inihaw na liempo and sizzling mushrooms and 2 buckets of beer-- red horse and san mig strong ice. Before we knew it we were being asked to vacate the place already. It was 230 in the morning!. hahaha. The road trip went on overdrive again. Ella and Classmate dropped us off and Jay drove home after. I finally fell asleep at around 4am after making sure all three of them got home safely.

This morning my uncle asked me if I am not yet tired from all these road trip. And I told him "Tito, bawal mapagod sa Pinas! Sa KL na kami babawi ng tulog." hehehe.

1.5 more weeks in Manila, more roadtrips to do so little time left.

No comments: