Thursday, August 14, 2008

Laughter is the best Medicine

I just came from an impromptu coffee gimik with Idol. We walked from his hotel (sige na nga dorm) to the Damosa Gateway area to have coffee. After a whole day of listening to papers on adolescents and other "depressing" issues, it was a nice change of pace. We had a full day at the conference site. And we didn't exactly enjoy the food (lalo na ang depressing lunch). I was tired as from my presentation (at the same time agonizing over two other presentations I still have to do) and I just wanted to sit back and relax. So we ditched Momsi and went to the nearest coffee shop we could find. 

So we just sat there and laughed. We had some semblance of serious conversations every now and then but most of the time we just gossiped about the latest issues in town.. Mga pawang laitero talaga kami pag magkasama. Kawawa tuloy ang mga biktimang sina "Emerging Adulthood" at si "Forensic" (sama na din sina biboy, bibay, atbp).  I have this knack for making Idol laugh. Siguro likas lang akong funny or mukha akong clown?  

Nakakatuwang isipin na ang dami na naming nalakbay ni idol at madami dami na ding coffee shop ang aming nabisita.  We've been all over MM, Kuala Lumpur, and now Davao. It's nice to just be able to sit back and relax and just laugh your hearts out. As my friend Ronnie said this morning, happiness is the best cure for all ills! I totally agree.

Bukas balik presentation na naman.. Mag dedebut na ang tarp na dinesenyo nina gidiyap at mike. My mom is excited. "Proud Mama" is her persona tomorrow since the paper is a joint research between me and my sister Ves. I hope it would turn out well. 

Sana lang magising ako. hehehe.



No comments: