Thursday, December 29, 2005

Recuperating

After 18 years I had my first tooth extraction yesterday. It wasn't as painful as I imagined it would be. In fact it wasn't painful at all. It actually came as a surprise that I didn't feel anything. I was expecting the worst. I was a walking nervous wreck all the way to george's clinic. But the moment doc wit art injected that skin test of lidocaine, I knew it was gonna be okay. The entire thing was over in less than 15 minutes. More than 24 hours later I still have to feel the pain.

Of course there are the hitches. My wound didnt stop bleeding until 7am today. And I'm currently feverish. All considered normal given my abnormal conditions. Hopefully the bleeding won't return or else I'd find myself back to the ER again.

One of my biggest fears in life is going to the dentist. 20 years ago, a botched procedure made me fear dentists for life. The sound of the drill or the mere mention of any dental procedure terrifies me. One time I even kicked a dentist who tried to look at my teeth. ouch! It took more than a year of psychological (and physiological din) preparations to get this extraction done. And if not for george and his funny faces, I would not have gone through it at all.

Now I only hope that my fever recedes soon. I'm bored to death here at home. I miss badminton.

No comments: