Monday, February 20, 2006

Hearts

Time out muna from dissertation writing...

"If I am pressed to say why I loved him, I feel it can only be explained by replying: "Because it was he; because it was me."- Montaigne

"A heart can be broken; but it keeps beating just the same"- From Fried Green Tomatoes.

I am amazed by the resiliency of the human heart. It is the one organ that gets most battered yet remains the most intact. When a heart gets broken, you feel its despair. Yet beyond the tears and sadness, a silent beating remains-- the heart will alwasy go on beating.

Sometimes I wonder what keeps us going--what keeps us hoping and what keeps us from giving up. Then I remember what my friend Mimo said, "it's the amount of love you invested that makes everything worth it." I guess he's right-- the more something or someone means to you, the more you hold on. And no matter how hard it can be at times to be understanding and forgiving, you remain strong.

I've been there once. I've survived. I've moved on. And I'm here once again.

Hopefully I'll still survive.

Hopefully my heart will keep on beating just the same.

Who knows maybe this time, ill get my wish. =)

No comments: