Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine Wishes

"Have enough courage to trust love one more time. And always one more time."--Maya Angelou

I'd like to believe that love exists despite the harsh realities of life. I'd like to believe that despite everything love will prevail in the end. My good friend mimo told me yesterday that whether 12 or 20 years does not really matter. In the end its the amount of love that you invested in the relationship that matters more. And it was worth each loving moment you gave it.

Happy valentines' day to everyone-- the happy ones who are with their special someones, the sad ones who lost their special someones, the special someones who let go of the ones who loved them, the unrequited ones who chose to love in secret, and even the nonbelievers and cynics who chose not to believe that love exist.

Love is worth is every tear, every pain, every laughter, every joy, and every sorrow. If I had known that this would happen, would I take it all back? No.

As Seth in the City of Angels (which by the way would ranks as the stupidest ending I've ever seen.hehehe), said, "I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One. "

***

Love in the open hand, nothing but that,
ungemmed, unhidden, wishing not to hurt,
as one should bring you cowslips in a hat
swung from the hand, or apples in her skirt;
I bring you, calling out as children do:
'Look what I have! - And these are all for you.'"

No comments: