Sunday, January 01, 2006

Welcoming the New Year

This is my first post for 2006. Happy new year dear blog! They say that every new year is the chance to begin life anew. I hope it goes that way for this year. I hope this year turns out to be a better year.

2005 was a good year. It was a year of changes and adventures. It was a year that made life so much different for me. It was a happy year. Sure I had some really tough moments and there were times I felt like giving up all together. But still, it was a good year. I learned a lot, laughed so much more, smiled more often, but most of all I lived. Looking back, I may not have completely fulfilled all my resolutions for 2005, but I did get most of my wishes.

2005 was a year of second chances. I broke my biggest resolution in 2005. I didn't even realize it until yesterday. Almost 8 years ago I promised myself never to care for someone like I did that year and to never miss someone as much as I did that year. But I did. And I broke my promise. Looking back it may have been a foolish promise to make. But, it's quite ironic that the one who made me make that promise was also the one who got me to break it. And I've never been happier.

2005 taught me that life can change so swiftly in a blink of an eye. It taught me to value each moment and live each moment as if it were your last. In 2005, I learned to stand up for myself and fight for what I believe would make me happy. In 2005, I finally found the guts to admit to myself what I want out of life.

I had so many great memories in 2005. I had so much fun. I met so many new friends and life began anew. I had great adventures (whether on or off court). I didn't get to go to Palawan last year but I did get to go to various equally exciting places. Most of my time may have been spent on court but they were times worth spent. Every moment was a moment I shall cherish for the rest of my life.

The best day? Out of the 365 days last year, I shall never forget that night when I sat on that bench with my head resting on the shoulders of my dearest friend after a weekend of intrigues and tears. I felt like I was in the safest place in the world. It was a piece of heaven on earth. And it was my piece of heaven.

Goodbye 2005, thanks for a good year.

Hello 2006. =)
***
"So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows... but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them" (Alex Hitchens, "Hitch")

When I was a kid I loved fairy tales and happily ever afters. But as I grew up, they started to fade into reality. Yet I found myself believing in them once more. And though you drove me crazy at times because you began to matter so much, I knew I'd rather have those semi neurotic moments than not have you at all.

"Because that's what people do. They leap, and hope to God they can fly, because otherwise. you just drop like a rock, wondering the whole way down, why in the *hell* did I jump? But here I am, falling, and the only one that makes me feel like I can fly... is you. "(Alex Hitchens, "Hitch")

To you who gave me back my faith in flying, thank you for catching me when I fell.

No comments: