Monday, August 22, 2005

Late Night Musings (after reading Cha's blog)

"You know someone or something first before loving them.
Loving takes acceptance of what you know too.
Pag sinabi mo na mahal mo... di selective ang pagmamahal... di rin conditional."

Anything about love is bound to generate some sort of reactions from anyone. After reading Cha's blog (obviously I'm trying to procrastinate again here!), I found myself thinking (or should I say reflecting) in her words of wisdom. True, real loving comes from a realization that you know someone well enough to give your heart to them. Though I believe that love at first sight can happen, generally it does not. Or maybe I just never experienced it yet. I've always believed that love grows with knowing someone. And more than just knowing, it grows out of learning that the other may not be perfect yet you still love the person, just the way they are. No matter how high your standards are, the person you choose to love will always be an exception to the rule.

Love is also a matter of timing. In the right time and at the right place it will bloom. I guess our time just havent come up yet.

It's quite hard this art of loving. You're bound to feel hurt at one point or another. Karen told me once that no man is worth your tears because the one who really loves you will make sure you don't cry. I realized now that tears will always be there. And I'm reminded of my liking for roses with thorns-- one can never promise a garden of eternal bliss. There will always be thorns in your garden but if you can look past the thorns, that's when you will know that miracles do happen. Ganun din ang pagibig-- dadating ang araw na paiiyakin ka niya o paiiyakin mo siya o kaya naman mabwibwiset ka ng husto kasi parang walang kamatayang paghihintay.. Pero may araw din na gugulatin ka ng tadhana na yung inaantay mo buong buhay mo, andyan lang pala sa tabi mo. Funny how life can be quite ironic at times.

You can't force someone to love you. All you can do is love them with all your heart and let them go. I realized that love has always been with me, not necessarily in the packaging I want but it's still there. And even if someone does not love you in the way you want them to, it doesn't mean they don't. They just love you in a different way.

***
Tama si Cha.. mahal nga kita.

No comments: