Friday, August 26, 2005

The Perfect Day

People like the word perfect. I guess its because it reminds us of something extraordinary or something beyond what is usually experienced. We strive hard to find that perfect moment, that perfect time, that perfect person. And I find myself wondering, is there really such a thing? Can a day be so perfect that nothing falls out of place? Then I realized it can't. Nothing is really perfect in this world and I'm not trying to be pessimistic about it. What makes a day perfect is that despite it's imperfections, it remains beautiful.

The day started like any ordinary day. Nothing brilliant happened and nothing extraordinary emerged. It was another one of those days that I look forward to every week. Yet at the end of the day,I found myself sighing and wishing it would never end. Mind you I found myself even frustrated to death at one point. I nearly even cried of bwiset. But despite that, it was still a perfect day.
In the most ordinary place I found myself wishing that time would stand still and just remain as is. Just like what the little prince said, it's the time you spend with your rose that makes the rose special.

Maybe I'm really a hopeless romantic. A sentimental fool who looks through life with rose colored glasses. I guess so. But I'd like to remain a fool if it means being able to appreciate the little things in life.

I don't need a crowded ballroom, everything I want is here
If you're with me, next year will be the perfect year
(The Perfect Year from Sunset Boulevard)

No comments: