Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Sometimes

Sometimes it can be quite frustrating to be a teacher. Today is one of those days.I understood how my experimental psychology students were out of sync today, since they had an experimental report due. But my second class was really something. It felt like I was talking to a wall. I don't know if I'm too nice or to kind that I don't scold my class for not listening or not doing their readings. It's just that I don't want to get angry. But kanina, I was really tempted. And sometimes I wish I just slept instead. Baka mas productive pa.

But still, there were some saving graces. I appreciated how some students took pains to prepare and listen and most of all participate. Even those who just took notes in class quietly (at least I knew they were listening) were angels. I am grateful.

Like Roumel,who came to class (and early pa) despite sleeping for only 1 hour; or Voica, who dropped by this morning to say hello; or my other expe students who really took time to apa style their papers. Plus three other students of mine who smiled and said hello while walking in the corridors of SS. I barely remember their names but U remember their faces. If not for them, I would have gladly walked out of class. As a teacher, you really appreciate the kind deeds of students. Those tiny acts allow me to stretch my patience a bit longer for those who continuously test my wits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hah! I feel your sentiment. I felt those when I taught a long long time ago.

I'm going back to sort of teach, but not really, and it's scaring the hell out of me, at least Pinoy undergrads, we'd know how to handle them but those Americans, whew...