Saturday, August 27, 2005

What Love is Like...

"You know how when you're listening to music playing from another room? And you're singing along because it's a tune that you really love? When a door closes or a train passes so you can't hear the music anymore, but you sing along anyway... then, no matter how much time passes, when you hear the music again you're still in exact same time with it. That's what it's like ("Danny", Music From Another Room)

My love story is something like of a song that continues to reprise itself. The first stanza has long ended and trains have passed by in the middle but the tune keeps on returning. And though a long time has passed, the song remains.
I'm no self proclaimed love guru. I'm just an ordinary girl who fell in love, got hurt, and who learned to pick herself once again. After several tries at falling and picking myself up, I'm still trying and hoping. I've always believed that love happens at the right time and at the right place. And you know when you really love someone when it blooms through the test of time. Or as Danny would say, when train passes and you can't hear it anymore, you still find yourself singing at the exact time with it.
The day I finally admitted to myself was an ordinary moment-- I was stuck in traffic and I was pondering on something I did that day. I called Cha on the phone and I was hyperventillating my way through our chat. And just there she told me, "wag ka ng magpanggap." Then it hit me, she was right. I've been pretending not to know or because I was just scared to know. I didn't want to see what was happening to me.
Love taught me the greates lesson of my life-- that when you love someone, you'd love that person enough to want him/her to be happy. And it taught me to measure each moment by the joys and not its length-- to savor each moment as if it was your last. And I'm not asking anything from this love. Love is never selfish. You take what is given and do not demand what the other cannot give. Never expect, just hope for expecting invites disappointment while hope invites surprise. I've done almost every stupid thing imaginable in the name of love. And no matter how much I tell myself I'd forget him, I can't seem to. And I find myself still hoping and praying that one day, it will finally come... And though I know its here,I'm still scared--that maybe this time, I won't be able to pick myself up again if I get hurt. Still, I hope and wish. After all who knows, maybe this time I'll finally get lucky and our music will finally coincide.
***
tama na ang pagiging senti..umaga na.. =P.. hangover pa ata to ng movie marathon namin ni ella last night. We saw two movies in galeria one after the other. We pigged out in theater junkfood and had the time of our lives. I miss those moments. It's been months since we last saw a movie together. It's been months since I saw a movie period. Badminton took most of my time the past months. Must love dogs is a great date movie. Must watch. Bewitched is okay but will farrell can be OA at times. Nicole was pretty.

I wonder what's available for breakfast?=P

No comments: